Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to Disable Skype or Completely Uninstall It on Windows 10
I used to love Skype. The quality of video conferencing was unparalleled. Skype used to be the buzzword we used when we wanted to connect with friends or colleagues. Not anymore!
Since Microsoft acquired Skype in 2011, the communication platform has changed rapidly from the sleek, friendly software that we users once adored.
Skype was once a verb, joining companies like Google and Facebook whose services are so important to us. We Google questions; we WhatsApp friends… but we no longer Skype.
Sad? Perhaps. But as technology advances, we sometimes have to move forward because we always prefer to try better things, right? Don’t get me wrong though, I still use Skype occasionally.
One thing I found really annoying about the app is Skype opening on its own. Skype keeps starting automatically every time I open up my HP laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit). Worse yet, sometimes it ran in the background in a “sneaky” way, over-consuming system resources (CPU, Memory, Disk, etc.) on my computer. Does this sound familiar to you?
Why does Skype randomly start? How do you disable it? How do you completely uninstall Skype on Windows 10? Questions like these can easily get into our heads.
That’s why I’m writing this guide, sharing a number of different ways to help you get rid of Skype on your PC — so your computer can start up faster and you get more work done.
Note: To make it easier for you to find what you want, I highly recommend you use the Table of Contents below to help navigate to the right solution.