Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
lineup for Friday nights
WASHINGTON -- Nationals star Bryce Harper was back in the starting lineup for Friday nights matchup against Miami after the outfielder sat out the previous four days with a left thumb injury.Rain fell throughout Friday and was expected to linger as the NL East champions began their final series of the regular season.Washington began the day two games ahead of the Los Angeles Dodgers for home-field advantage in their upcoming matchup in the Division Series.Nationals manager Dusty Baker has given Harper additional time to heal after the reigning NL MVP jammed his thumb on a slide Sunday at Pittsburgh.If a guy tells me hes ready, if I have a luxury, I like to give them one more day off, Baker said. I just noticed that a lot of guys say theyre ready, and you bring them back and theyre really not ready. I would prefer that you be champing at the bit to get back (instead) of a person to just say that youre ready.Baker also took precaution with Harper because of the wet conditions in the Washington area this week.Harper is batting .244 with 24 home runs and 95 RBI. Jalen Hurd Super Bowl Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. KWaun Williams Super Bowl Jersey . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Yout...rs-Jersey/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Adrian Colbert Super Bowl Jersey . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. Jeff Wilson Super Bowl Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. LOS ANGELES -- Tori Jankoska scored 22 points, including four free throws in the final 10 seconds, to lift No. 24 Michigan State past Cal State Northridge for a 63-59 win.Taya Reimer added 16 points for Michigan State (6-1), while Lexi Gussert and Hana Vesela chipped in eight points apiece. Jankoska also had six rebounds, six assists and three steals.The Spartans fell behind in the third quarter when Channon Fluker dropped in a layup that made it 45-43, sparking a run that eventually gave the Matadors a 55-488 advantage when Fluker made another layup midway through the fourth.ddddddddddddMichigan State responded with a 9-2 burst, sparked by Jankoskas 3-pointer, to tie the game at 57-all with 3:14 left. The teams traded buckets to tie it at 59 before Jankoska clinched it at the free throw line.Fluker led Northridge (3-3) with 23 points and 14 rebounds and Nautica Morrow added 11 points. ' ' '